Sunday, March 23, 2008

Somebody stole my wife and some other nonsense.

Wocha,

Now I'm feeling a bit low at the moment so this may turn into a great long session of wailing and gnashing of teeth so don't expect too much...

So last entry I declaired that I was off to pastures new and leaving the Beast to do their funky thang without me. That didn't turn out so good. Suffice to say I ran back to the chaps with my tail firmly between my legs and got cracking banging out the old WW1 stuff. I'm saving my new projects until after Salute when I can breath a bit easier and the pressure is off a bit.

Ottomans and ANZACs are well underway and the Salute releases are pretty much done and dusted. 16 Turks and 16 Aussies will be winging their way to the Beast after the bank holiday with a pack of officers each to follow soon after. If I get comments from 8 different people by wednesday then I'll put up some pictures, otherwise it can stay a nice suprise until Salute day.

Other than that I've done bugger all since my last post. A trip to Triples is about as exciting as it gets. Very little in the way of domestic entertainment (for me anyway, more later), no Old Bill raids, no floods not even a zombie apocalypse to brighten a dull afternoon. I'm so very very bored.

The wife on the other hand has been up to all sorts. As I can't fail to have mentioned she is a medical studend and working hard to attain a lifestyle to which I hope to soon become accustomed. In the course of her education she has been up to all sorts including *white out* Infant autopsies *white out ends* and a stint with the spit, snot and earwax doctors. During her ENT placement she has ended up meeting various premiership football players (all of whom are hacked appart by the surgeon she is studying with) and is, as I speak enjoying a drink or two, post Chelsea match, with Hugh Grant and Jamie Redknapp! I rather wish I was making this up as upon her return home I'm going to have to sit through yet another account of how Mr D (the surgeon) managed to embarrase her by strolling up to some famous chap with the wife on tow, shoving her forward and saying " She loves you" and then melting back into the crowd while the wife hobs and (I fear) nobs for all she is worth...

It's not all film stars and footballers though, the other week she had her identity stolen and £1500 drained from her account. The real shitter (appart from mortgage payment fears) was that the £1000 she got as compo for her accident was taken. The bank are apparently going to sort it all out for her so no harm done but it was a traumatic few days for her which led to a butt load of nursing shifts to try and ensure the cash was there to pay the bills. Clearly I was to be of no help what so ever during the crisis. She's all better now and a trip to Monkey world yesterday seems to have purked her up a bit and I'm sure 10 minutes face time with Hugh Grant this evening with get her back to full sail.

I'm going to go back to work now. Told you not to expect too much...

Stay lucky,
Soaps.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, comment #1: show us the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Comment #2. Pics, please....

Stephen said...

which wednesday?

mawdslio said...

oh you pedant you !
thats no 4 !

Stephen said...

well you didn't say the posts couldn't be from the same person...

The Leveller said...

what ho!

Soapy old boy what an earth has Huge Grunt got that u haven't?

Exactly, nowt to worry about.

Pips

Dave